Local Market Report
(there is no national real estate market)
Northern Virginia retains the lead with 1.1 months supply; followed by Loudoun County at 1.4; then Washington DC at 1.9; and Montgomery County at 2.0. Crystal City (22202) supply is 12 days with only 4 properties for sale. The market continues its seasonal strengthening and home buyers will have an increasingly difficult time for the next 5 months.
To welcome Amazon's second headquarters to Crystal City, I have updated my title Buying a Home in Northern Virginia priced at $1 for Amazon Kindle. A direct link is here.
* * * email David to subscribe * * *
The report above is prepared monthly from David's independent research for his clients. It does not contain important data for macro-economists, is not tailored for a TV audience, includes no national data, and is not prepared by the computer weenies at the MLS. Click this link to learn how this report is prepared and why it is the best available anywhere!
1. The market index represents the months supply of resale homes and measures the ratio of home buyers to home sellers. Below 1.5 is a hot sellers' market; 1.5 to 3.0 is a normal sellers' market; 3.0 to 5.0 is a neutral market; above 5.0 is a buyers' market.
2. Northern Virginia: Alexandria, Arlington County, and Fairfax County (including Fairfax City and Falls Church City).
3. Results are not seasonally adjusted.
* * * * * * *
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA
* Copyright © David Rathgeber *
* * All rights reserved. * *
* * * 2019 * * *