Local Market Report
(there is no national real estate market)
The market index increased seasonally to 1.5 months supply from last month's 1.4. Loudoun County retains the lead with 1.2 months supply; then Northern Virginia with 1.4; Washington DC unchanged at 1.5; and Montgomery County at 1.7. Coming months will be slightly better for buyers, but some will still have to fight other buyers to win their home of choice. Our market is stronger than it has been for 5 years, with inventory lower and sales higher.
* * *
The report above is prepared monthly from David's independent research for his clients. It does not contain important data for macro-economists, is not tailored for a TV audience, includes no national data, and is not prepared by the computer weenies at the MLS. Click this link to learn how this report is prepared and why it is the best available anywhere!
1. The market index represents the months supply of resale homes and measures the ratio of home buyers to home sellers. Below 1.5 is a hot sellers' market; 1.5 to 3.0 is a normal sellers' market; 3.0 to 5.0 is a neutral market; above 5.0 is a buyers' market.
2. Northern Virginia: Alexandria, Arlington County, and Fairfax County (including Fairfax City and Falls Church City).
3. Results are not seasonally adjusted.
* * * * * * *
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA
* Copyright © David Rathgeber *
* * All rights reserved. * *
* * * 2018 * * *